Ramsa WR-T820

musikman316

Does anyone have any experience with this console (or Ramsa's in general) I have found one in good working order for a nice price. How do they sound, how are the EQ's etc? Also, it has RCA Direct Outs and Tape Returns, is there anyway to have this switched to 1/4" balanced in the future?

Thanks,
musik

musikman316 said:
Does anyone have any experience with this console (or Ramsa's in general)

Thanks,
musik
Yes, I have the "B" model.

musikman316 said:

I have found one in good working order for a nice price. How do they sound, how are the EQ's etc?

They sound pretty decent to me, the pre's are good and the eq is not too bad even though I wish it was 4 band.

musikman316 said:

Also, it has RCA Direct Outs and Tape Returns, is there anyway to have this switched to 1/4" balanced in the future?

Sure you can have them switched, but it will cost you to do em all. You have to ask why you need to have them balanced though. Its never been an issue with me.

SoMm

Hey I have just gotten a 24 Channel Ramsa Wr-s4424. Over at Gearslutz Dave Derr (the maker of the Distressor) was talking about some album he did. Supposedly this was one the better INDIE albums ever sound quality wise according to other forum members. Guess what he made it with. A Ramsa board.

I find mine to be very clean and open. I really haven't had it all that long and I won't have it installed and wired until the end of next week. Anyway, mine has +28db for headroom which is just as good as the Midas Venice boards. I actually was comparing specs and these spec out pretty close to the Venice in many ways. I got mine for a very good price too. Patch bays and cables are ending up costing me more than my console. OUCH!!

You might look into the Wr-s4424 since it is all balanced except for the inserts.

Beez

Ramsa Wr-t820b

Hello people, I'm new to the board and I was wondering if anyone might have a manual for this Mixer? Also...What do you think would be a fair price for it? I'm picking it up this week at a local shop. I know they retailed for $8950.00

Do you think this board is superior to like the Behringer & Mackie stuff? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Anyone out there do any recording with one yet?

Thanks! :cool:

The manuals for this mixer can be purchased from Panasonic Parts. The cost is $21.00 and is a full service manual.

Cheers,
Zach

Back