Ram

Bryaxis

hey guys, i know it's probably an over-discussed topic, but i'm in a hurry, i'll check it out later. I just got the Digi002r Pro Tools system, and i need more RAM. My questions are:
How much?
What kind?
How do i install it?
How much is it gonna cost me?
If you all could help me out, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks and everyone have a great Christmas.
Bryan

Bryaxis said:
hey guys, i know it's probably an over-discussed topic, but i'm in a hurry, i'll check it out later. I just got the Digi002r Pro Tools system, and i need more RAM. My questions are:
How much?
What kind?
How do i install it?
How much is it gonna cost me?
If you all could help me out, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks and everyone have a great Christmas.
Bryan

1. As much as you can afford
2. The right kind
3. The same way as the stuff that is already in there
4. Depends on what and how much you buy

You didn't mention what type of PC you have and what kind of RAM it takes and how much you already have. This is the only answer I can give with the current knowledge.

exactly, i don't know what kind of RAM it takes...it's a Dell Dimension DeskTop (8200 series). I currently have 256 Meg. How do i find out what kind? Maybe that would be the better way to ask the question. hmm..
bryan

Pop your case open, and find the RAM slots.
Pull one of the sticks out, and check the label on it.

If it's RDRAM, it needs to be installed in pairs (e.g. 2 sticks of 128 will give you 256).
So when buyuing more, you always need 2 of the same amount.

Back