Rainy Night

vestast

Gassy Member
Hey everyone...

If you guys have a chance could you give a listen to my latest instrumental ?

I don't know what you would call it. I guess it's just some sappy, happy go lucky song..

I seem to be having problems getting a lead tone that I like. Everything sounds harsh to me, and I end up having to EQ...

Anyway any suggestions, critisisms are appreciated.

Dave

Only streamed it in mono. Its nice, I like it. Can't comment on the mix, but its
a calming tune. Very nice.

T

Thanks Tonio. Good to hear that it's a relaxing tune.. :)

Anyone else from the 28 views ?

Thanks again

Dave

Listening as I type.

Very nicely produced, I can't hear any harshness on the lead. Theres a bit starting at around 1:55 which I particularly liked.

If you don't mind a comment from the musical / composition point of view, I felt there was scope to do a little more with it. Possibilities (feel free to ignore them all :)) might be:

- More variation in the rhythm section - the bass and drums all sit down very nicely but I thought they could move around a bit more

- Some slightly more assertive counterpoint, even to the extent of fading up and taking a melody to a new variation with a different sound. That was starting to happen at the 1:55 point I liked so much.

Anyway, very nice Dave

Garry

I think your description was very good, a real happy song. Reminds me kind of like theme music for an early 90's sitcom--> a la Full House, Percect Strangers. And that's a legit compliment if you're shooting for slap-stick happy, which you were. It's definitely relaxing/soothing and generally feels good to listen to. I agree with Gary in that around 1:55 it sounds particularly great and that a new instrument with a variation on the melody would be nice for the second half of the track. Me floating more towards electronic stuff would love a nice bouncing synth melody or even an arpeggiator (oooh that's dirty, sorry). Anyways, really one of the happier things I've heard in a while, nice work!

laj

If you get time, I have a track up as well: "Jars, Bells and you," also in the clinic, thanks!

I love that penguin bit !

Sorry Garry - the second smiley was a cool smiley. As in thanks for taking the time to listen.

We cool ?

:cool:

100% My misunderstanding.

I have spent half a day trying to get my marbles song sounding better (see the responses to my earlier thread). I think it's a LOT better now :)

Hey Dave. The song does have a good feel. Doesn't sound harsh to me. Made me think of Fleetwood Mac.?

More good stuff. Put some words in there.

Hey man...
How goes? :D

I dug the layered guit...very cool and yes very mellow and soothing ...a real feel good kind of thing...I think you could add a few triplets on the lead to give it just a little bit more edge.
Guit tone is very cool man..no nits

Kudos,
Joe

Hey Thanks for the listen Steven. Lyrics and singing are not my strong point, that's why most of my stuff in instrumental. :)

Yo Joro !
It's going good. How bout you and yours ?

Thanks for listening and the kind words. I promise to return the favor on your tune :cool:

Back