Rain Keeps the Crud Off the Streets

Sounded fine apart from the vocals. Drums were a little too dry for my liking, maybe a little 'verb would bring them to life. They're also a little monotonous, some variation in the programming is called for. The vocals need alot of work though - too much 'verb on them, no doubt trying to disguise the fact that the singing isn't very good (sorry, but it's not :) ).

It sounds fine but the song itself, to my ears anyway, sounds a little dated - like the music from 'Top Gun' or something. Maybe others will disagree. Still, good effort.

Again.. Alchemist and I agree here. Less reverb on vocal ...yes...bu try doubling the vocal...yes 2 seperate tracks...and use various effects on each track....1 slight reverb...2nd slight delay...maybe even a soft flanger to cover intonation problems with the voice. It may help. As to the guitars....Jammin on the pentatonic scale in a song is gr8 if you've got "chops". I suggest you actually work out your leads before you record...that includes the leads on the out as well.
gl

Thanks for feedback

I will take the above points into consideration in the future...I am always trying to to get better vocalist with which to make music but sometimes they are just not around. I will keep looking for a better vocalist and/or try out the vocal recording technique described above...this song was recorded on a Yamaha MT-50 4-track cassette and each track was completely done in one take...I like to think of it as semi-live...so, although true, the drum pattern has no variation, I was hoping that it had a "fresh," "edgy" sound. It would of benefited from a little more forethought...this song was originally concieved in '84, so the surprising "Top Gun" reference fits the timeframe.

Yeah I agree with the guys too, You gotta use less reverb.. remember less is more ;)...

Also try not singing too close to the mic, cuz you can hear some distortion on that behalf at the beginning.

The solos should stand out more, and Lower the gain and put more Mid instead ... sounds a little bit too birght in my opinion..

Yes the drums could defenetly use some variation.

Other than that it's a pretty cool song, makes me wanna put on my ripped jeans and rayban sunglasses. hehehe

Now can I have some feedback from you and the other guys aswell on some of my songs?

Here's the link to the post.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=121122

Kepp up to good work man.

Peace
Jose.

Back