Radio Tuning Sweepy Thingy

pezking

I've searched for, but not had any luck finding ideas for how to do that tuning sweep between two radio stations.

Basically, what I want to do is start off with a song which sounds as if it is being played through a radio (i.e. band limited etc.), and then have the radio retune to the actual track (and lose the band limiting).

The only example I can think of right now is a Bowling for Soup video, here.

I have tried white noise with sine sweeps, and also Izotope Vinyl... but to no avail.

If I can't find a decent way to do this, I may want to use an effect which sounds like a needle being dragged off a record quickly. Any ideas guys?

I've searched for, but not had any luck finding ideas for how to do that tuning sweep between two radio stations.

Basically, what I want to do is start off with a song which sounds as if it is being played through a radio (i.e. band limited etc.), and then have the radio retune to the actual track (and lose the band limiting).

The only example I can think of right now is a Bowling for Soup video, here.

I have tried white noise with sine sweeps, and also Izotope Vinyl... but to no avail.

If I can't find a decent way to do this, I may want to use an effect which sounds like a needle being dragged off a record quickly. Any ideas guys?

mic up an AM radio...not FM. The amplitude modulation sounds different than frequency modulation and you'll get that thing going on...

...that and FM is just a fad for potheads!

Mike

I don't actually have an AM radio with a tuning knob, only the buttons, so you don't get the same effect. Short of buying a radio (which I don't really wanna do) I'm out of ideas...

Sample the beginning of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here".:p

Back