Radio Signals

travis16vp

How do I get rid of the local radio station's signal getting in my speakers, headphones and even my mic and messing up my recording? Its' driving me nuts! Ideas anyone?

Could be as simple as a grounding problem, or complex enough that requires a Faraday cage around your room....

Since you provided no detail, that's about as specific as we can get...........

Well, I brought my tascam 788 to school to do some recording and walls there are really thin and made of wood. If it's a grounding problem, what should I do about it?

You have to isolate where exactly the radio signal is getting into the chain... is it on the mic or line inputs, the main outs of the Tascam, the monitor outs, the monitors themselves.... it takes some detective work on your part to isolate the issue.... once you isolate it, then the best solution can be determined (solutions vary depending on where the problem exists!)

Speaking of picking up radio signals, My old band had a 100w old guitar amp with a 4 chan SoundCraft mixer hooked up to it, one day i was in my music room, and suddely i heard a deep voice talking about God or something quietly coming through the amp!. Freaked the living daylights out of me haha.
Ended up the mixer somehow was picking up radio signals. =)

- Idgeit

Idgeit said:
Speaking of picking up radio signals, My old band had a 100w old guitar amp with a 4 chan SoundCraft mixer hooked up to it, one day i was in my music room, and suddely i heard a deep voice talking about God or something quietly coming through the amp!. Freaked the living daylights out of me haha.
Ended up the mixer somehow was picking up radio signals. =)

- Idgeit
My Roland Stereo Keyboard amp picks up radio signals sometimes if I don't plug into a powerstrip. The house current isn't grounded very well. Of course, it's a Japanese station, so it doesn't freak me out. I just unplug it and then plug in to a powerstrip with the rest of my signal chain and it goes away.

Back