Rack Fins for VM-200 mixer

tntkemp

Does anybody have the rack fins for the VM-200 that they want to sell, or know where I might get a set? I'm re-designing my studio engineering area, and might want to rackmount the mixer to make more room.

Thanks,

Tom Kemp

I'm with you on that! They are, after all, just strips of metal with holes in them. They aren't worth 1/5th the value of the complete mixer!

Hey Tom:
Haven't spoken in awhile..... I just recently bought a Fostex VF16. it's pretty cool, albeit a little confusing. i also looked into the rackmount about a year ago, and I can't believe they haven't come down in price!
I think i looked into www.sweetwater.com. I think they had them cheaper.
Another alternative you may want to consider is Quik Lock's Autolocater stand. It sells for about $130 at www.americanmusical.com. I got mine for my StudioMix controller, but it will hold an ADAT BRC, or the VM-200.The height and tilt are both adjustable. Something to look into.
Hope all is well,

Tony

Hey, Tonester! How are you doing? Life keeping you busy, I guess! Well, not much music coming out of my studio these days. What time I've had I've spent reorganizing the studio, making it more user friendly. No I'm in need of a few more things...in my opinion...to make it perfect. I need a couple condenser Mics for recording acoustic guitar, vocals and perhaps for drum overheads...and I need to replace our singers old SM57...as the drummer busted his up...and I want to have at least one around. I'm getting a headphone distribution amp...something simple, like the Rolls HA43. Finally, I'd love to use the Dakota's other 8 channels of ADAT. That'll be awhile...A/D converters aren't cheap!

Take a look at some pics and short movies I took last night in another post:
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41683&perpage=20&pagenumber=5

So you bought more equipment! Well...I guess it never really ends! Yeah, I have thought about those QuikLoc racks. I have also considered some custom built shelves. If you look at the engineering booth I've begun to setup...maybe you'll come up with some ideas...check it out. I may not even need the rack fins for the VM200...

Tom Kemp

Back