rack ears for the dmp3

two problems I found when trying to rack it:

strange screw size underneath the dmp3, not the normal universal rack screw size. believe it or not a screw from a standard plastic AC plug wall plate (though appearing long) fits all the way up inside the unit when afixing the dmp3 to a universal rack tray..

also the dmp3 is too high to put in a rack where you have gear above it or below. I have one space open above and put an empty rack plate that comes down and covers about 1/4 inch of the dmp3. hope I dont get another piece of gear its my last space available!

Bobalou said:
two problems I found when trying to rack it:

strange screw size underneath the dmp3, not the normal universal rack screw size. believe it or not a screw from a standard plastic AC plug wall plate (though appearing long) fits all the way up inside the unit when afixing the dmp3 to a universal rack tray..QUOTE]

Tha strange screw size very common. I think it is call a T10/32 which you can find a large supply of at any hardware store in many different sizes. Thats the same screw that holds down all of those XLR floor plates to the floor.

"strange" being not the same universal screw size normally found underneath the majority of half/1/4 rack units. which is the same size as rack screws.

not hard too find, just not laying around when you need one!

Back