Rack ears for Mackie 1202

gordone

I currently have my 1202 sitting on my desk, but I'd love to get it in my rack to clear up space (so my desk can get messy with MORE papers/junk) so I go to AMS/Zzounds, the usual suspects and they all want like $50 for the stupid rack ears????? :eek: I mean it's two little pieces of metal??? Any suggestions? I know $50 isn't the end of the world, but I'd rather spend it on a nice dinner with the wife (I LOVE eating out!)

I'm tempted to just trade it in for the Yamaha MG 12 channel because
1)It comes with the rack ears
2)Faders!
3)The Mixer is just to control the output of my Delta 44 and setup headphone mixes while tracking, it is never used in the recording chain.
Thoughts?

NEVERMIND! 8th Street has them for $13! http://tinyurl.com/4qy2qRack Kit for 1202

I'm going to see if my local Sam Ash has them to save on shipping/waiting around. While you folks are all watching March Madness tonight, I'll be re-wiring my studio :)

Last edited:
The 1202 is $299 at AMS, and the Yamaha is $199 (actually cheaper!) so considering the Mackie is used, I could probably do an even swap at Sam Ash. But I think I'll just order the rack ears from 8th street (unless my local Sam Ash has them cheaper)

Elmo89m said:
how much more is the mg12

Back