R.I.P. James Brown

jibran

DC's Finest
Godfather of Soul,

Rest in peace; without you there would never have been this phenomenon hip hop.

You will be sorely missed.

-Deen

Man you beat me to it. I just found out and my jaw hit the floor.
R.I.P. James Brown, keep funk alive up there.

Very sad news indeed...I was hoping to catch one of his shows this coming year. I almost went to see him last year but I decided to do something else. That was a mistake :(

MrT..man where you been..havent seen you in here in a minute..whats good with you..

oh man.................RIP JB :(
And regarding Carl Blaze, (as mentioned above).... I hope they find the bastards who blew away a young father of 2, just to get his jewellry.....mother fuckers. :mad:

my Hispano pointeth your way.

Last edited:
Shit, this really bums me out. He was a true original, and he defined an entire genre.

R.I.P. to the Hardest Working Man in Show Biz.......

Last edited:
My homie Braille has been on tour with him twice last year... they did like, 20 shows together overseas and in the US.

I'm really sad to hear this. :(

Change of POETS said:
My homie Braille has been on tour with him twice last year... they did like, 20 shows together overseas and in the US.

I'm really sad to hear this. :(

That's nice he could do that and something to always remember...

This was very sad news indeed. I don't live to far away from James Brown and he's always doing things in augusta,GA(right across the bridge from me) so when they said his name i thought they were just gonna talk about something else good he did. I never expected to hear he had died. Matter of fact, he'd just done a toy giveaway in Augusta on like friday or saturday and he was on tv then. Also, they recently changed our civic center into the James Brown Arena. At his age, he was still doin big thangs. Dec.25 2006 will go down in history as a tragic loss for the Music industry.

Back