fespinal4444

Hi, anyone has this RØDE NT2 Mic?
I wanna read some reviews about it.
Thank you

Attachments

• rode nt2.jpg
    rode nt2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 92
I rented an NT2 for about 5 months. It was not bad. Pretty smooth sounding mic. Used it on vocals and acoustic guitar. Was a bit muddy at times, but that was never a big problem, just had to play with it a bit. But, I returned it, and didn't buy one, so I guess I didn't like it that much. For the price, I can probably think of a bunch of other mics that I would rather have.

:cool: Used them for overheads, not quite as hot as some of the newer ones on the market, overall response was verygood though, mine were purchased in '96. Still say the 4050's are one of my favorites, top choice for my mixer/recorders is the CAD E-300!

da MUTT

Just my opinion, but I think it's Rodes' best model next to the NTK.

I like it on certain things. It has a sheen to it that Rode mics always seem to have. Of all the U87 knockoffs on the market, I think the NT2 does the best imitation . . . is the most professional-sounding, and the most consistant, QC-wise.

It has that familiar 12K hump going on and the midrange dip, so it's not going to be right on everything, and you have to be careful of sibilance and harsh consonants -- although it handles them better than the other u87 clones (and it's brother the NT1) by a longshot. But it is what it is, and it's great in the right situation, but I wouldn't call it a workhorse by any stretch.

Back