cybersaga

can anyone quote me a price, roundabouts, for leveling a fretboard?
actually, might as well ask if that's what I should do... I have buzzing on the 11th and 12th frets... up to the 14th fret on some strings... there is a hump in the fretboard where the arm meets the body, so I'm guessing leveling the frets will fix this... if so, how much will that cost me?

did that... it got rid of the buzzing in the first few frets, but higher up the buzzing remains... the 14th and 15th frets are a bit higher than the rest :p

If you have a hump on the fretboard then most definitely you need to take it to a luthier.

Leveling the height of the frets with a hump on the board ain't gonna cut it. You first have to fix that hump then the frets can be worked on.

What type of guitar is it?

it's a Hyburn... I bought it off ebay brand new from a guy in Niagara Falls for $140US... I think he makes them himself... for that reason, and because of the price I got it for, I'm not suprised it needs a bit of work... it's a great sounding guitar though...
how much do you think it'll cost me to get it all done?

I bought it off ebay brand new from a guy in Niagara Falls for $140US...

:eek: It might run you a bit more than that, but maybe something else can be done...

Tom Hicks might be able to help out here....

TOM, YOU OUT THERE BUDDY??

thanks man :) I wouldn't mind putting a bit of money into this guitar, 'cause the sound is really great... but yeah, I'd like to keep it to a minimum... of course :)

Back