Quitting BR Studios

Dumby

Bummed Spammer
I'm getting Sonar...and the thing that is called an Interface.

I''m pretty tired of flicking through the little screen. Escpecially when I'm mixing and trying to get readings on this and that to avoid having to use the mastering patches. Also the fact that it's pretty flat. I want to have a screen when mixing so I can see that everthing jives. I've been relying on my ears too much and i need change. Plus, limited inputs.

Now, since I'im not putting anything out commercially, I need to figure out if I want the Sonar with the mastering package. I'm going to to get harrassed in that forum...

So long!

Hey Dumby,
I use Sonar and follow their forum. Sorry you feel like you'll be harassed. Most of the users are great, but some are a littly snobbish.

I'm not sure what you mean by Sonar with the mastering package. Sonar Studio version has most of what you need. Sonar producer does have more plugins and synths. Producer version has the following plugins which I really like and use a lot:
VC-64 Vintage Channel - amazing
LP64 EQ
LP64 compressor
TL64 tube leveler
I think these alone are worth the upgrade from Studio to Producer.

I also was at a demonstration last week for the V Studio 100 and if you need an interface along with Sonar, they have a great deal right now. check out the cakewalk website and good luck!

I'm getting Sonar...and the thing that is called an Interface.

I''m pretty tired of flicking through the little screen. Escpecially when I'm mixing and trying to get readings on this and that to avoid having to use the mastering patches. Also the fact that it's pretty flat. I want to have a screen when mixing so I can see that everthing jives. I've been relying on my ears too much and i need change. Plus, limited inputs.

Now, since I'im not putting anything out commercially, I need to figure out if I want the Sonar with the mastering package. I'm going to to get harrassed in that forum...

So long!

I did check out the VS-100 at my local music store (nice suggestion) and the website demo movies.I like the production pack software that comes with it for beginners. My one concern is the construction of this unit, the fader button felt loose on it. I don't know if it's because it was on the counter from all sorts of people playing with it but it kind of made me weary. I'm going to go look at it again and look at the UA-101(this one feels real solid), and the sales guy is really pushing the Firestudio Project on me...but I'm not I want the Cubase it comes budled with it. I'm really drawn to Sonar for now, even if they're lean version that come with it and I know I'd rather upgrade the one i started with than switch later. I"m down to these three for now none the less. Still need a bit of help to decide.

Back