Quieting my ADAT

jonmmartin

I've asked this question on 2 or 3 of the other threads in this forum and have recieved almost no replys....So here goes for this one. I have a one room home studio...My room has been treated and is quiet so the sound of the ADAT is loud...I record straight into the ADAT so I need it close enough to see the meters and have access. Does anyone have info for building a "box" to house the recorder (window in the door so you can see the meters), or any other suggestions? Thanks for the help.

I dumped off quite a few suggestions in one of your other threads. Im not sure if you saw it, it fell off the page shortly after I replied. If none of those ideas seems like they will work for you then maybe you should look into buying an Iso rack. They aren't cheap but if your going to keep doing the one room studio thing, its probably a wise investment.
If your hellbent on doing it yourself, maybe look for a DIY CPU isolation box or plans for one. Im sure that the same concepts apply, proper ventilation/etc..... the size might be a little different for adats. You should be able to at least get an idea of what your up against.

Back