Quick stupid question....

SteveK

Have not been recording much lately and am installing SL2 on my new notebook. I have a guitar preamp plugged into the MI4 interface and into my computer. All the level lights are where they should be, and the signal is visible on the Cubase track display. My problemis that I am not hearing it through my computer speakers, but I can play CD's etc and hear them fine. What have I not setup correctly or missed altogether? :confused: :o

Go to device settings and check that the output device selected is the output device your speakers are using. Otherwise look for the 'out' tab in the left hand track column to see if the output there is the same as your computer sound card is using. Hope this helps

Make sure you have input monitoring on for the track you're working with. The can be turned on/off in multiple places. It should be on when you want to hear the input and off when you want to hear the recorded track. Check what Obstacle1 said too.

Attachments

• input monitor.png
    input monitor.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 42
ARGH!!! Input monitoring is on, but I have no guitar level from the MI4 to the computer. I am hearing the click track when I try to see if I can record the guitar...
Signed,
Steve, drowning in technology (I'm really not this dense....)

Back