quick sample placement

thomaswomas

i'm trying to find a quick way of placing samples at exact points where an audio wave is.

it's mainly for drum replacement. there's a thing in pro tools called 'tab to transient' where you can make the cursor move to the beginning of each snare hit, for example, which makes it easier to then place a sample at this exact point.

so i was wondering if there was anything like this in cubase.

it's mainly for snare rolls where i need to replace multiple hits that would take me forever to manually zoom in and place the sample at every hit.

thanks

i've actually got a version of appulsoft's aptrigga, which is pretty much the same as drummergog. but i can't get the threshold down low enough to detect the very quiet snare hits without it being too sensitive overall.

therefore i need to manually go through each roll to bring up the volume of certain hits that are going undetected.

i've had a look at the hitpoints application, but i still have the same issue with getting it to recognize certain hits.

the tab to transient in pro tools is so much more effective as it detects each peak one by one.

ah well. will just have to do all my drum editing in pro tools then import the tracks into cubase :(

thanks for your responses though guys :)

Ive not really had many triggering problems with drumagog, but in gerenal principle there's probably a way you can boost the drum's principle frequency before the triggering, that might help you?

Back