Quick Rockwool question

2lim

I was in a local Home Depot(london, ontario Canada). I saw "Roxul" brand mineral wool. Now most peopel refer to this stuff as rigid, but it seemed like a slightly stiffer version of pink insulatio(well a fair bit more dense). I have heard that the "safe n sound" Roxul is decent for absorbers, but I am hesitant, as I really do not know what i am loking for. If someone could post a pic of them holding a sheet of mineral straight out fromt here body(so i can see how much it flexes) I would really appreciate it. Or on the odd chance that someone knows about Roxul( a cdn brand) and knows which type to get, please let me know!

I am tired of tracking/monitoring in a non treated environment!

Simon

2lim said:
I was in a local Home Depot(london, ontario Canada). I saw "Roxul" brand mineral wool. Now most peopel refer to this stuff as rigid, but it seemed like a slightly stiffer version of pink insulatio(well a fair bit more dense). I have heard that the "safe n sound" Roxul is decent for absorbers, but I am hesitant, as I really do not know what i am loking for. If someone could post a pic of them holding a sheet of mineral straight out fromt here body(so i can see how much it flexes) I would really appreciate it. Or on the odd chance that someone knows about Roxul( a cdn brand) and knows which type to get, please let me know!

I am tired of tracking/monitoring in a non treated environment!

Simon

Here ya go 2lim, this is rigid fiberglass!

Roxul will work fine. What you need to pay attention to is the density. 3lb will work approx the same inch for inch as Safe and Sound or OC 703. For reflection points, this is a good density. For bass control, you can either use more thickness of the same density (3-4lb/cu ft) or if you can, you can use the 6 or even 8lb/cu ft density at 4" min for thickness.

you heard safe n sound is decent? whoever told you that lied...

...safe n sound is THE best overall rockwool product out there... at least as far as acoustic treatment goes... no only is it dirt cheap, but its NRC ratings are higher than anything else I have seen, and it doesnt burn worth a shit...

Are you bloody kidding me? I can get this stuff basically for pennies! I have a pile of the shit in the back of my van right now, and it cost me like, 40$. I guess living 1 hour away from the manufacturer kinda helps on cost, but still, this is awesome!

Simon

Back