Quick Question....

WesP1106

Ok a Buddy of Mine has this Triton Korg Extreme Keyboard/Sampler and theres a Ton Of sounds on it. We were wondering if theres a Way to take all of these sounds and load them into my Reason3.0 Sound Banks? Not to sure if this is the right forum, but any help is appreciated...
Thanks ,
Wes

Yes and No.
The only way I can think of is to record each sound as a .wav file in your multitrack recording software then save and load each sound as a a seperate sample. That's tedious and would take forever... There is a way but it's real time consuming.

Thats what ive been Doing n its takin Forever lol , just figured id see if theres a way other than that . Thanks for the Help tho....

Wes

lol, There IS a way... but it's expensive (other than the way mental said)... Go grab yourself a Neko. My teacher was one of the designers... www.openlabs.com

The Neko's ability to be able to grab sounds & information from anything hooked up to it is like incredible IMO. In the studio, there's like 10 different of VERY expensive keyboards, that sit there and basically are bearly used... 2 Neko's 1 small one & the larger one, both sit there side by side. The small one's the one that we use to take the sounds off all those 10 keyboards, and use them in Reason, and other programs. I want one.....

Mindset said:
lol, There IS a way... but it's expensive (other than the way mental said)... Go grab yourself a Neko. My teacher was one of the designers... www.openlabs.com

The Neko's ability to be able to grab sounds & information from anything hooked up to it is like incredible IMO. In the studio, there's like 10 different of VERY expensive keyboards, that sit there and basically are bearly used... 2 Neko's 1 small one & the larger one, both sit there side by side. The small one's the one that we use to take the sounds off all those 10 keyboards, and use them in Reason, and other programs. I want one.....

I think ima Stick the The Old Way lol Thatsa Nice peice of equipment tho.
Wish i had that Kind Cash to Spend..
Thanks for the Info Tho its Much Appreciated..
Wes

^^ there's software out there that does the same thing...it's called autosampling. Here's an example:

http://www.samplerobot.com/

Never used it personally...but it gets decent reviews...it should...it's a $300 program.

This one's only $100 if you buy the Reason only version...

http://www.cdxtract.com/samplit.php

If you don't wanna drop cash...there might still be a way to automate the process. How are you doing it now?

The way im doing it now is Ill rec the sound from the triton krog to Cubase Sx3 only hittin the Middle C and then i save it as a Wav and Load it up onto the Samplers in Reason 3.0.

You're only taking one note at one velocity? There's not much to automate there. Usually, you'd be taking multiple notes at multiple velocities...called multisampling...then mapping those to keys in your sampler. That's the process those programs automate.

If you're happy with results you're getting...then the method you're using is probably your best bet.

So basically i should be Playing Chords Instead of Notes and Sampling , i just got into this whole thing so im new to everything..

Back