Quick question...

Kevlar

I just ordered a keyboard..MK-249 and my question for everyone is .. i know i need a new sound card.. i am mos def leaning towards audio phile.. but can i get sound font's for the keyboard with this soundcard? I was wondering because i saw that the sound blaster live cards are sound font capable.. I wanted to stay as far away from the blaster as possible.. if anyone can help me in this matter .. hit me back.. thanks

Kevlar

Yes, there are a few software synths that can play soundfonts - and other that has other ways to create sounds. You could use them. I think theres even a few free ones. Do a search for soundfonts on this site and i think you'll get linked..

The card by itself will not produce any sounds though - no internal generator like the blasters. So you either has to get external modules, a keyboard with onboard sound or go the softsynth route.

I don't think there's too much trouble running both a live and an audiophile on the same computer by the way. If you're going to use a live or audigy for soundfonts - you should check out the kx drivers.

thanks Beltrom

that was my other question.. because i was going to just run both of the soundcards but i wasn't sure if that was a possibility.... see i wasn't going to use the soundblaster card for recording just for the keyboard and making synths.. but now i will go the route of getting both.. thanks for you help man.. it's appreciated..

Peace,

Kevlar

Good luck!

I think you'll do fine - and I've read about several people running those two cards both with Creatives and KX Projects drivers. But as you probably know you can never be 100% sure in computer hardware. Some people even got trouble running the Audiophile by itself.

edit:
Sorry - thought you had the live already. Advice - go babysteps - get the audiophile up and running and then add a blaster and see if you can get it working - if not - take it back and run softsynths.

thanks Again man

well,

I ordered the audiophile this morning from newegg ... and i'm gonna hold off like you said on the soundblaster.. untill i can come up with another method to get the sound fonts to work..i know there are some other programs they have out that work for them but the reviews and such i read weren't all that positive so i'll hold off for a lil bit untill i hear something good.. thanks again and i'll keep you posted..

Peace,

Kevlar

Back