Quick question - SM57 pricing?

Creep

Milk It
Hi,

I'm going to buy an SM57 and have a quick question: is $140 AUS new a good price? I don't want to buy it if they're ripping me off... and this community always gives good, helpful advice.

Cheers to anyone who can tell me/tell me where a cheaper place to buy one in Australia is.

:)

-Creep

Creep, Roguetitan's right on the price here in the US--it's always around $100 US. I guess that would make it the equivalent of about $115 or so over in Australia. Not sure how that jumps to $140 AUS--but it's such a long way for the mics to travel, maybe it's the added cost of importing them.

So I guess I'm saying--that might be an alright price for Australia.

There are a number of your countrymen who hang out on the forum (as you probably know)--maybe they will come to the rescue with good info.

Creep,

Considering they have a RRP of $249AU, the figure you're quoting is OK.

So long as you're buying from a reputable dealer where you should be guaranteed that the mic is genuine and not a "knock-off", then I don't think you'll get a much better price around the stores.

Chris, thanks for the "heads up".

ChrisO :cool:

No worries, thanks all for your replies, and thanks Roguetitan for the offer! Much appreciated :)

Back