Quick question for switching up sequencing programs...

Echelon

Lights Fish on Fire.
Ok, so I got a call from a friend of mine who wants me to mix his album. Here's my problem... He recorded everything in cool edit pro (don't know what version or anything) and I use Cubase SX3. He says that not all of his files start at the same time, obviously (you don't need a track with 2 minutes of silence before an extra note or two on the guitfiddle...), and he doesn't know how to make it so that I can load up all the wav files into Cubase and not have them all just start at the beginning, essentially making a clusterfuck of sound. I don't know how to do this either, considering I only use Cubase and have never tried to take tracks from one program and load them into another. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you could have him put the timecode position that the clip starts in the file name, and when you get them just line them up to that absolute position. Or you could have him send you the bounce. amd try to figure out what goes where...I'd have him timestamp them as a first solution tho.

I like to put a 3 second pre-roll at the start of the timeline that includes a click/clap/slap at 1-second in that's duped/recorded to every track. Then export each track in it's entirity starting from the pre-roll. While technically you may not even need the click since all tracks start at the same time, I like to have it there just to be sure its all good.

G.

Back