Quick! Is $250 a good deal for an E-V RE1000?

Short answer is yes!

Real answer is that you should check it out as best as you can in your recording environment BEFORE purchasing.

EV has a very good reputation in many audio product fields.

Having never used this mic before, this recommendation could be totally full of shite! But I wouldn't bet on it....;)

Ed

LOL... well I might try to grab it, but I'm not sure if I really should. (Saving my money up for other stuff right now)
I guess if I was clever, I could buy this one and try to resell it and make a little profit, then turn around and get another mic...or two! :-D Aahhhh, capitalism.

Isaiah

My gosh...this mic sells for $500-$600 new. I guess that would mean that $250 is a steal!

Isaiah

I just got an RE20 for $240 off the auctions....I call that a good deal....plus the EV shockmount for another $86. Now, I am all set up to record someone like Howard Stern, and he'll look at home!!

Well, Time flys. Now these mic's are going for $250.00 at MF down from a list of $590.00 (I think). If either of you guys see this thread I'd like to know what you thinks of the RE1000. This is the only thread that came up ub my search.

Thanks

F.S.

There's a reason the price has dropped like a rock on those mics.A recent thread on rec.audio.pro turned up nobody who likes them.It seems the model is a rare flop in the EV line.

Back