Quick Cubase Question

Hegs

Hey,
bit of a newb question coming..
Running Cubase 5. I have a three track organ part - Left, Right and Room mic.
I want to send the whole lot to a new stereo channel for fx, so I created a stereo group channel with some stereo fx and output all 3 to it. However the L & R tracks are no longer panned.
How can I send all this to one stereo channel without bouncing down and retain the pan settings. I dont want to hear the original track in parallel either, just the processed track.

help??

thanks yall

Well it should work like that. What happens if you solo the left channel and bypass the effect plugin?
What if you right click the panner on the group channel and select Stereo Dual Panner/Stereo Combined Panner and make sure it isn't centered.

If I solo the left I just hear it as I would expect, on the left.
The Group track panner isnt centred.
Im sending all these tracks to the Group track via each of their "sends".. I.e not changing the output, which ive left as the stereo bus. Im assuming thats correct procedure..

Naw man, just select the output of each track (from Inspector window) you want in the group. Typically 'Sends' are used for sending to FX tracks. Also other crazy stuff, but in general this is the typical. :)

Yup, no need to send the signal twice via different routes. Use sends for reverb/delay/chorus/etc as Jimmy said.

Back