questions on stomp boxes

nicity

hey everyone does anyone know how to make a stomp box from scratch and what do i need to make one

thanks

viva la me

Been there, done that.

You need:
- One piece of schematics
- Knowledge about how to solder
- Basic knowledge about electronics to figure out why the hell it doesn't work
- The electronic parts including connectors and one fat-ass stopmable switch
- The solder iron + accessories
- One fat ass stomp-box case (preferrably metal so it can stand abuse)
- A drill that can drill holes in your fat-ass case
- A screwdriver and an adjustable wrench, and a knife and some other sets of basic tools
- A multimeter
- An oscilloscope comes in handy, but is not strictly necessary

I fink that's it. :)

damn this stuff looks a lot harder. or maybe it's that i don't understand those pics they have up who know's. how bout explaining to me how i do this just to get me on the right track

thanks

oh yeah i picked this cause it looked easier than the other ones i'll get to the other ones later

VIVA LA ME

Attachments

• 3btone.gif
    3btone.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 41
Well, you need to learn how to read electronic schemes, and I don't think this place is the right place to do it, really. I'm sure there are good sites to do it. And if not, there are books.

Short explanation:
The triangles are op-amps, the -||- thingys are capacitor (is that the correct english word?) the squiggly bits are resistors, and the squiggly bits with an arrow are potentiometers, the small downward arrows are connections to ground.

Electronics are fun, but don't expect to be able to make stuff cheaper than you buy it for the first couple of years. I've stopped because I'm not good enough and it's too much work. I only do it if there is something I can't find, like a cheap volume control. Had to make that one myself. After a bit of experimentation I succeeded in doing it with a stereo potentiometer. :)

Back