Questions about the DMT-8

Telefun

Hi there people! I'm new, and this is my very first thread.

I have never had a a recorder to record my music, but now have the opportunity to get a, as new, never been used,
Fostex DMT-8. I believe this is an excellent machine for recordings! The lady-friend of mine who plays keyboard, bought this years ago and never recorded once with it! So it is actually brand new and un-used!
I can get this for a very good price, but am not sure it is the right recorder for me.I'd like to put my songs and instrumental guitar tunes on CD for the family, and, the fact that there's no CD drive on this worries me! Can this machine be connected to my PC by USB or any other way so that I can do the burning on the PC or what is the easiest way? I have not yet seen this MTR, but from what I've heard, the recorded material cannot be downloaded in any way, and it stays in the MTR. I am new to MTR's and not very technically inclined, so any information on this matter will be appreciated.
Thanks,

There is the DMT-8 and the DMT-8VL. I have the Owners Manual for both.
Please PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a copy If this is any help
Mike.

I had a look at the Owners Manual and I think you are right about not downloading recorded material easily. There is a Stereo Out on the top panel so this may be used to supply a recorder. There is an optical output to download to a DAT machine but this seems to download the recorded material and the setup data like a backup. There are outputs for the 8 channels and, I guess, these have to be sent to an 8 channel mixer to get a stereo output. There is no USB output so a download into a PC would be via the sound card..
I admit to being confused!! and possibly wrong over my interpretation of the Manual. I have the MR 16 HD/CD and I can output via normal connectors or an Optical connector to an amplifier or a data download via USB. The DMT-8 seems to be designed as the record part of a much larger system.

Last edited:
Back