question

caryindy

Hi. I'm looking to import tracking information from my BR8 so I can use a computer to do automated mixdown. I'm also looking to gain access to better sounding reverb and eq than the BR8 offers.

The demo seems good and I've heard alot about this program. Do you think this program will do the job for me?

I'm 99.99% sure that you won't be able to import track information. Is there any way for you to mix each track to a complete wave file (e.g. 0 offset)? That would be the easiest way to go.

If all else fails, you can re-record each wave file to a complete file. You would suffer an D/A/D conversion hit, which might sound bad depending on your soundcard...unless of course your unit has SPDIF output...I don't know anything about the BR8.

Slackmaster 2000

The BR8 has optical outputs and I was hoping to export 2 tracks at a time. I know there would be timing issues - getting the tracks to line up. I'm wondering if any users out there have done this type of thing.

The computer I have has the Soundblaster Audigy 2 card.

Can't help you with the transfer via the audigy...

In terms of lining things up, it is often a good idea to leave enough room at the start of a project to record a series of beeps or clicks across all your tracks. These can be used for alignment purposes when moving to another system. Of course that may not help you now :(

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks slack. I was thinking if I didn't have enough room at the beginning of the track, I would record a percussive sound at the end.
We're on the same track. No pun intended! :)

Back