Question???

mndog75

I was wondering if there is a digital eight track on the market with individual I/o for each track?. The reason being, it would be much easier on me to have full control of each track on playback, or as I'm ready to mix.I'll be able to see the whole picture if you know what I mean.I also assume there is a mixer able to handle all of the cables? example, say I have all eight tracks ready for mixdown, now I will put a cable in track one and put it in line one of the mixer, and repeat that step for all eight tracks. Is that a pipe dream or can it be that easy???

I guess I forgot to mention, I'm old school dude. I dont want to record anything to a pc, maybe I am wrong but I looked it up and saw bits,and bites and all that jazz.I want the recorder and the mixer and the burner.

A Roland 2480 will give you 8 individual track outputs to send to an external mixer/processors.....but it will also handle the mixing job itself quite nicely so you don't even need the external mixer.

Obviously the ADAT requires a mixer (analog or digital). If you're using it with an analog mixer you can mix to anything with an analog input.

I have an LX20 ADAT and 8 channel Behringer mixer that I am willing to part with cheap.... say $300 for both. Let me know if interested!

Back