Question on finding ezdrummer or Superior drummer midi ready songs

nathanrice

If anyone familiar with EzDrummer or Superior Drummer, the expansion packs "MetalHeads" & "Metal" midi has complete songs by Soilwork & meshuggah from Tomas Haake & Dirk Verbueren? Well, that's seriously awesome and all but I wish there were songs available that were not so hard to play, or needing to be dropped Z to play along to.. Wouldn't it be great to have complete midi ready songs for songs like "Disposable Hero" By Metallica or "Mouth for War" by Pantera? My question is, Do anyone of you know of a site that maybe offers or sells something like this? I SUCK at programming midi. if there is no such site, then someone could make a killing making one. Cuz, I would spend a lot of cash if there were one… I would even pay a forum user who might have the midi programming touch. Just set up a pay pal account and tell me where to download. Id pay up to $10 a song depending level of difficulty.. A song like "..and justice for all" would be deserving of $10 cuz thats a lot of drumming…

There is the problem. I could program 'And Justice' for you, but it would likely take a few hours to get it perfect. Well maybe two. At $10 a song, that wouldn't really be worth it to me.

I agree though, that it would be a worthy business if someone were to do the programming once and sell to many. But then the limitation of working with any given software.

How about just finding a karaoke site that allows download of individual instruments? I know, they are not usually accurate on the metal tunes...

You can look for guitar tabs in guitar pro format, there are many of these available and some of them have great drum lines programmed.
Once you get the song you want you export the drum track from the tab file and get it to superior drummer and you'll have a solid base to work with.

The MIDI drums will have only the hits in their place but no dynamics programming so you would have to spend time tweaking them so the virtual performance sounds right, but hey, it's a lot faster doing it from scratch

---------- Update ----------

Also if you're working with metal tunes you won't have to do that much dynamic programming. I mean compared to many other genres where drums dynamics are really complicated to program.

Back