Question on a cheap set up I want.

JimmyofSND

I currently have a Roland VS-880EX. It comes with no built in mic pre-amps so when I transfer my tunes to a computer the level is a lot lower than it should be, so I was thinking of getting a cheap mixer, the Behringer UB802 Eurorack, very cheap ($39.95). As of now i'm only recording 2 guitars, bass and vocals. I want to know exactly how I would run my instruments/vocals into the mixer and then from the mixer to the track recorder. Then I want to take the tracks from the track recorder to my computer. I have the cheap sound card that came with my computer, would I need to get a better one? If so, what kind? (remember the small budget) And would I need anything more than that mixer? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't cause the mixer has the built in pre's that I need to boost to mic's signals. The other idea I had was to just get a $150 audio interface that i could hook up to my computer via USB/Firewire one that comes with built in pre's and i could just mix with a program, but then I have no more use for my VS880 :(. Well any information would help me, remember i'm not looking for the best quality, just a better set up to work with.

yeah, there's a use for your 880...sell it and get some PC audio recording system! hehe..one option anyway.

I think in the long run its hard to beat all the benefits of a PC. from tracking to mixing to effects to mastering, burning a CDR...labels/cover art, printer..Internet...etc..etc..

As far as your "level" thats a common post around here. good luck.

Back