question for anyone with delta 1010lt

philpereira

this is something i've been trying to figure out for a while. i monitor my recording through headphones. i do this by running an rca cord from one of the hardware outs into the line in on my sb live 24bit. naturally, when i monitor my guitar playing, i hear the guitar playing on the left side, corresponding to the single xlr input i use for recording. so, my question is there someway i can get the mono signal to play on both sides of the headphones? like i said, right now, i use a single rca cord into a 1/8" adapter to transfer sound from the delta to the soundblaster. it just kinda throws me off to just hear the guitar on one ear. thanks to anyone who can help

Well, you could use two RCA-cables into a 2-mono to stereo-adapter.

However, it seems infinitely easier to buy a headphone amp. Or maybe even one of those smallest Behringer mixers. They cost around $50 and work fine as a headphone amplifier and you get two extra preamps for free. :)

I've got the 1010lt...best bet is to do exactly what philpereira said...get a headphone amp or an inexpensive mixer for monitoring. You'll be much happier in the end than trying to cobble something using splitters and such.

i'm bringing this back up again since i need a little more help. so i got two rca chords going out of output 1/2 on the 1010lt. i hooked it up to an rca to 1/8" converter and plugged that into my sblive24bit. naturally, when i monitor the audio of my one mic, i only hear the left side. i can't for the life of me find a way to make it mono. should i just get a mono 1/8" adapter and plug that into my soundcard. is the solution as simple as that? i don't know if there's any setting within any windows control panel to make audio mono through the speaker out jack. if anyone can make any suggestions based on changing settings or purchasing some small adapters, i'd appreciate it. i really don't have the money to through around for a mixer or headphone amp at this time

edit: figured it out. it's all good now

Last edited:
Ditch the soundblaster. I have an adapter that takes 2 rca cables into a female 1/8" adapter so that I can plug my headphones directly into the . No need for that Creative card.

Back