Question for A REEL

needledrop

Hey A REEL,
I know you're the person to ask. Lately I've been involved in an "experiment" to find the mixer that is best suited for my needs and patience!
I currently own 2 model 1's, model 2A, Model 3, model 35. The model 1's are great, if u need another mix there they are. The model 2 i got for free and it came with the manual!!!. Any how, I know i need and 8 channel board, so i've been A-B ing the 3 and the 35, and I kinda like the 35 sound better, the 35 seems little tighter and a little more spatial ( or maybe ive just gone crazy!!)
But, I prefer how the 3 is set up with the direct AND cue outputs and the size of the unit itself is better for my apt.
My question is should i try the 30 as well?!?!? Would the 30 sound like the 35 do they have the same amps?It seems like the 30 is more set up like the 3. The submix section on the 35 is .....um i little confusing. Also, I like the eq on the 35, is the eq on the 30 much different?
Thanks alot,
Needledrop

Given your stated requirements,...

getting the M30 would be the logical choice.

A) You like the Model 3, some of the features are more inline (heh: pun) with what you're looking for & it fits your space.
+
B) You like the M35 for it's sound, pre's & eq's, but it's a little (lot) bigger.
=
c) The M30 has the same layout, routing & size as the Model 3, and it includes the better sounding electronics, comparable to the M35.

Bingo. That was easy. Next question? ;)

Glad you asked!

Thanks for the reply A REEL.
Since you asked, It seems like all the Tascam mixers i have and most that are being sold on ebay have faulty VU meter bulbs and heaphone jacks. What gives? The bulbs came on my M-35 one day, but then went off again.
Just wondering if this is a common problem you're aware of and the possible solution?
Thanks again!

The bulbs may burn out after a number of years or decades,...

and I'm certain the rigors of shipping has a lot to do with many VU bulbs going bad.

Your problem sounds like it may have a common connector or fuse, (check both), but you'd just have to dig into it & find it yourself, then maybe tell me. :eek: :confused: ;)

You'd be lucky to find a common connector or single point of failure for the entire bank of VU lights, because one thing I do know, is that replacing the individual bulbs is a real PITA. :eek: ;)

cool thx. If i find the solution i'll definately let you know.
Ok so where do I get a M-30?? Got any extras you'd like to get rid of???

If you go here you will here what a 30 sounds like. The music is streaming in the back ground of the page and its only like 96 k so the mp3 is pretty bad but atleast you can hear a m30. (kinda)
Just remeber this was just some junk on a tape I had.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resopl6x/

Assigning Direct outs m-30

Sounds good herm.

REEL, I noticed in the pics i've seen of the m-30, there are no assign buttons for the direct outs ( like on the series 3 and m-35) how do you assign to the DO 's on the m-30???
thx

Back