Question about synth interfaces

I've been researching the Virus Ti, but it seems that supply for the local music stores has been a big problem, so I'll probably have to drive a ways to find one. Before I do though, I'd like to ask a question.

Strangely enough, nowhere have I been able to find a real closeup of the controls for the Ti...all of the photos of it are just far enough away that I can't read the labels on any of the controls. From what I've been reading about it and what I could see in a demo video, it seems that a good portion of the device seems to rotate around the display and it's "soft knobs", and a huge focus is placed on the software interface for it. Can any Ti users confirm for me how much menu interaction is involved? I can figure menus out, but I'd rather just not have to use them.

A couple of things that I liked about the Nord Lead 3 were the endless knobs with LED position indication, and the Morph control. With the LEDs on the knobs, whenever you change patches you can instantly see what each knob is set to instead of having to fiddle with the knob until you find what position it should be in. Is that really a problem with synths that don't have that feature (like the Ti)?

The Morph control lets you change up to 26 parameters simultaneously based off of (individually) key velocity, aftertouch, expression pedal, and mod wheel. For instance, with a simple sweep of the mod wheel, I could increase the rate of LFO1 by a certain amount, double its amplitude, decrease the rate of LFO2, increase the attack of the mod envelope, sweep the shapes of OSC1 and OSC2, change the sustain of the filter, and increase the output level. Do other synths (like the Ti) have a similar feature?

Back