Question about specific equipment

MysticRey

Hi I want to build a sound setup at home to speak and hear to multiple devices, and I was looking at a mixer to combine it with an external DAC and AMP for the DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm and to convert other devices signal, I was thinking about the Schitt Magni 3+ and Modi 3 which have nice inputs and outputs but of course, you can not use multiple inputs at once, you have to switch which for me its a little bit bad, I would also connect this to a mixer Behringer Xenyx Q502 USB or Yamaha AG 03 or 06 also I would use an XLR Mic. My question is not to spend useless money what do I need? I heard the Yamaha AG 03 and 06 have a good sound output for headphones and I'm not sure if I need the AMP from Schiitbut when I want to speak and hear for example simultaneously my PS4/5 or PC, for PC I just can use the USB from the mixer but for the console, I have to connect it probably with the mixer and the Behringer has more in and outputs but the Yamaha has top headphone quality right? And the mute monitoring button is great on the Yamaha can I somehow use this for the Behringer? Can someone say to me if I need the Yamaha AG 03/06 with a few cables and probably a cheap DAC for the console or the Behringer with the DAC and AMP from Schitt and then connecting this to the mixer, any other ideas? Which method should I use? And is the quality of the Yamaha stand-alone without a external DAC/AMP good enough without spending much money on external equipment??

Last edited:
The posh headphone amp could be ditched. Ironic brand name too. If you need volume and multiple outputs the behringer headphone rack unit is perfectly sensible and good value. I’ve never heard anyone selecting recording gear with do much emphasis on monitoring. If your real requirement is for clever and sophisticated routing, then hardware may not be the solution if people are all over the place. You could use Behringers personal monitors and associated gear or simply use a multi in out unit and then set up your individual needs in the DAW. You could even use behringer in line headphone amps. Xlr or jack in, headphones out, they’re rather good actually. You seem to be dpenonfing lots on headphone monitoring and going cheap on recording quality which seems very, very unusual. Care to share what you are up to?

for what it’s worth, your headphone choice needs lots of volume, so unless you must have them, maybe they’re more suited for the high folk and their odd requirements. Ebay can provide old hifi amps capable of driving them loud, but your monitoring needs seem rather OTT?

Ok to be precised I need if possible a good mixer which has good amps for the dt 990 pro and a good dac too, also I Heard that without that Mute Monitoring Button you can hear yourself all the time and I want to use it for live Performance example live streaming if you can call it and I dont want to hear myself Simultaneously with the game and other sounds, and I dont know how i can connect the right mixer with 2 Systems where it goes Audio in and out without switching cables but to use one mic and headphone Simultaneously for 2 operating System I hope I could explain it good enough

Back