Question about Reason

bradly

I just bought an M-Audio OmniStudio USB to use to record my keyboard and guitar and stuff. It came with a free version of Reason, but I haven't been able to record anything other than the MIDI from the keyboard. Does Reason only support MIDI sampleing? Thanks for any help.

-bradly

You haven't been able to record anything else because Reason is not an audio recorder. It is a more of a digital music synthesis and sequencing program.

bradly said:
Does Reason only support MIDI sampleing?
-bradly
There are many free tools available for recording, if you don't have anything for that purpose you might like to try Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ... it is easy to handle and has some nice effects. I used it for a couple of weeks but then decided to get sth. better.

Reason ... better uninstall it from your harddisk before you find out how powerful it is ;-) I got it with my Audiophile soundcard and played around with it just by couriosity ... ending up with buying a keyboard for that tool. Although midi/sampling etc. was never on my schedule I now became completely fascinated ...
-joerg

Back