Question about M-30 mixer.

needledrop

I just received an M-30 mixer. After putting it back together after UPS 's "gentle touch" everything seems to be working. Although, two meters bulbs are out. On other tascam mixers i usually just change the fuses and they come back on, but when i opened up the M-30 I dont see any fuses. so WHERE ARE THE FUSES??....A Reel?...Anybody?
Thanks

My M-30's on a bench, and I'm in touch with the tech there. I'll ask about the fuse and post when I find out. Gimme another day or so, unless someone else has it.

The guy's opening up the mixer on Monday, so I'll find out and can get back to you by that afternoon. But I talked to one guy who says that he doesn't think there are fuses in it. I'll know what this means on Monday. That's the best I got. Hope you're not in a fix for this!

Talk to ye Monday.

Just a wild guess:....

The fuses are probably in the back near the power cord, switch & transformer. :eek: :confused: ;)

Sorry,... I have the manual right here, & I'll look it up for'ya.
[~~~~~~looking for manual~~~~~~]

My friend,...

upon close inspection of the manual, I've determined that there are NO fuses in the US version of the M30. :eek: Nor do I see any fuse associated with the meters. An A/C~input fuse PCB gets added on Europe/UK/Austrailia export versions of the M30, only.

You've looked already,... so with the M30 turned over w/bottom panel removed,... the transformer (AC power module) would be on the rear/left, and the power supply PCB is mounted horizontally/face down (up in this view), all the way across the back & just (above in this view) below the VU meters. I looked very hard at the PCB diagrams and schematics,... but I couldn't find any fuses, whatsoever.

If I get a chance to do an actual look-see into my M30, maybe I'll snap a few pix.

PS: I guess now it's time to do the actual meter-bulb replacement!! :eek:

You sure...? :)

I got worse worries, I think... I'll know Monday when I hear from the guy who's fixing mine up for me. The back panel/patch bay is pushed in, a buss doesn't work, (suddenly), and monitor playback is pretty terrible. I can hear him now: ("Muhahahahaha...") :eek:

Back