Question about forum etiquette

Hi all -- I'm a brand new member here, and I was drawn in by the "have something worth listening to?" description of this forum. My quesiton is about what's appropriate for this forum. The recording that jump into my mind is one that I did about 15 years ago. It's of questionable quality, but when I had it posted before I had tons great email about it (most people wanting me to re-record it using a different name). If you didn't know English you'd think it was a love song. ;)

So my question is this: Is it appropriate to post an old song that's worth listening to, but is in wma format and has rather objectionable lyrics?

As long as you put the NSFW warning in the thread title (Not Safe For Work) I say go for it.

Last edited:
alexfranke said:
Is it appropriate to post an old song that's worth listening to, but is in wma format and has rather objectionable lyrics?
In simple terms you're asking is it appropriate to post an objectionable song so I'd say no. What's the point?

alexfranke said:
So my question is this: Is it appropriate to post an old song that's worth listening to, but is in wma format and has rather objectionable lyrics?

Do as you please!

Just be prepared for some comments that you may not particulary want to hear in regards to the lyrics.
If the lyrics are racist, demeaning or paedophiliac in nature, I would say don't bother!

Yeah, it depends what you call "objectionable", I guess. If it's just swear words or sexual refernces, just put a warning. As long as it's "legal", not about children or dogs....or very young dogs. :)

RAMI said:
....or very young dogs. :)

LOL -- no, nothing like that. I wrote it for a girl after I finally mustered the guts to leave her in my past forever. I guess you could say it was my therapy -- drank some beers, banged out this tune, and when I was all done, I realized that I was over her for good.

NYMorningstar, I guess what I meant was that some people might be offended by the language. Plus, guys tend to appreciate it more than the ladies, but I bet if a woman were singing it, it would have the opposite affect!

I'll post it, with all the appropriate warnings, under a separate thread. Thanks for your input!

alexfranke said:
LOL -- no, nothing like that. I wrote it for a girl after I finally mustered the guts to leave her in my past forever. I guess you could say it was my therapy -- drank some beers, banged out this tune, and when I was all done, I realized that I was over her for good.

NYMorningstar, I guess what I meant was that some people might be offended by the language. Plus, guys tend to appreciate it more than the ladies, but I bet if a woman were singing it, it would have the opposite affect!

I'll post it, with all the appropriate warnings, under a separate thread. Thanks for your input!
Looking forward to hearing it! :cool:

Back