Question about bass tones???

Purpleb

I use reason and I am trying to make a very simple and common 16th note octave jumping bassline (found in 80s italo disco, disco, etc..). Two 16th notes on lower octave and two 16th notes on higher octave etc, nothing too hard or special.

Well I am having a problem with the lower octave notes, they sound two strong, sustained, and bassy. They sound like they don't blend with the higher octave notes. And the lower notes sound like they are 8th notes or staccato quarter notes played on every beat (1, 2, 3, 4), like da, da, da, da, note the 16th note octave jumping I wanting to achieve.

Things I tried to remedy this:

-Thought it was maybe my room acoustics, but played it in car and headphones and it still there
-Tried different patches, creating my own patches and it still there.
-Tried eq and compression and that does not fix it either.
-Tried shorter staccato notes, that helps a little but its still there.

Hopefully this is something common and simple to fix, please if anyone can help me or point in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also I listen to a bunch of italo disco songs that use this type of common 16th note octave jumping bassline and they always sound great. Any tips on how to create something along those lines?

Thanks

Back