question about backing up sonar audio tracks to cd

stingray

my computer crashed the other day and i thought i made a back-up of my audio tracks to cd.when i loaded my tracks back to my
pc,it reloaded all my track settings etc, but no audio was found.i
believe i saved my songs to disk as bundle files.how do you back-
up your unfinished audio tracks to cd so you can work on them
later?thanks

Do you know that the audio data is stored in a seperate directory found under 'options' 'global'?
But if you saved a bun file and then copied that to a cd, it should have included the audio. (The bun file should have been quite large compared to a 'project' file.) I don't know if you can save-as a bun without getting the audio.(?)
Wayne

Even after a crash most of the audio should be on your hard disk. You can try and find the files and insert them into the tracks (that's what I have to do from time to time). OK, I know it's a pain, but it may be your only chance.
As for backing up, storing bundle files on CDR(W) is the safest approach imho.

stingray said:
i believe i saved my songs to disk as bundle files.
That behavior sure sounds like you backed them up as project files (.wrk or .cwp) rather than as bundle files (.bun or .cwb).

As mixit indicated, bundle files are quite large. You should only have been able to get one, or maybe two on a CD. If you had more than that on the CD, that's another indication they were project files.

Backing up your songs as bundles is a good idea. You can do that to CD or to another hard drive. Usually a good idea to open them one time after creating them, just to make sure everything is OK.

Back