Questiom About Pre Amp And Diggi

fededrum

I have a Diggi 02 rack with api 3124(4 channel) preamp. I would like to have at least 4 more channel so I talked to my friend about getting a quality preamp channel and he tell me that even if I get a $5000 preamp is gonna sound like crap couse it have to go through the diggi preamp. Is that true? even if i have something like the focusrite 8 preamp channel LE.What is the difference between the Focusrite OctoPre LE 8-Channel Preamp and the Focusrite OctoPre 8-Channel Pre-Amp. Im sorry for this stupid quiestions but I'm just a DRUMMER!!!

I have a Diggi 02 rack with api 3124(4 channel) preamp. I would like to have at least 4 more channel so I talked to my friend about getting a quality preamp channel and he tell me that even if I get a $5000 preamp is gonna sound like crap couse it have to go through the diggi preamp. Is that true?

Yeah...I don't know about sound like "crap". You could do better for conversion than the Digi02, but you could also do a lot worse...and the 3124 will cover a multitude of sins, that's for sure. I mean, even if you can't bypass the preamps in the Digi02, it's not going to be the end of the world...it'll hardly make a difference.

Frank

Back