Quality 15 ft Firewire cable

I-AM

Hello all,

I am trying to relocate my PC into an adjacent room and I am using the FW1884 as my mixer and soundcard via firewire. The original cord that comes with it is only 6 ft and I need at the very least a 15 ft firewire cable.
So- here goes...I ordered two 15 ft firewire cables from a MacMall.com and they were only about 10 bucks each....needless to say they do not exactly work with my FW1884 and PC. For some reason my PC can see that the FW1884 is on and connected but there is no response from fader movements or other controls. Like the data is not sent back to the FW1884.
The one thing I did notice in the difference between the cable that came with the FW1884 is that on the tip there are three holes on each side of the 6 pin connector where as the ones I ordered does not have this.
Of course I called TASCAM and they were so helpful in recommending/suggesting a better brand of cable that I thought it would be better off asking the pros on this site.
So does anyone know where I can find a quality 15 ft firewire cable that will work with my FW1884 and PC? The one thing the TASCAM support guy did say was that the cable itself should run me about 40 bucks...but he just couldn't give me a brand, or website or anything for that matter.
I hope this is an easy fix as I have upcoming projects..
Hope anyone has any information.

Thanks

Back