QS6.1 Weirdness - HELP!!!

CovenantKeeper

I had to re-initialize my QS6.1 and now it's acting really weird . Seems like any Mix or Patch I play now has some kind of pitch shift effect on it ... it does seem to be velocity and/or time sensitive - hold the key down longer or press it harder and the effect is more noticeable. I've checked the Global parameters and haven't noticed anything unusual (everything restored to factory presets). Is there something else I should be checking to get rid of this problem???

Are you saying you re-initialized?

If it's still doing it (and you re-initted with the pitch bend and mod wheel in their home positions) you may have a sreious problem. I had one expansion card go bad like that, but not the whole unit.

Daf

dafduc said:
Are you saying you re-initialized?

If it's still doing it (and you re-initted with the pitch bend and mod wheel in their home positions) you may have a sreious problem. I had one expansion card go bad like that, but not the whole unit.

Daf

Yes, I re-initialized, and both the pitch bend and mod wheel were in their home positions. It had been working fine, except that after I'd had it connected to my PC sequencer I couldn't get anything to play in the Mix mode (the Program mode still worked fine). So I re-initialized ... and that's when I noticed the pitch shift effect. I haven't checked every Program/Mix, but it does seem to be a "global" problem. I play a chord and it sounds like it goes out of tune the longer/harder I press the keys.

Could I have inadvertently applied a pitch shift effect to one of the MIDI channels, so that every Mix/Program using that channel processes that effect?

Not on a reinit. You might want to try it once more with ALL the sliders and wheels in home position, but only the mod and pitchbend are supposed to matter.

Sounds like something's fried. I hope I'm wrong.:(

Daf

Back