qs6.1+soundblaster LIVE+cakewalk pro audio=now what?!??!

hey thanks for comin by and reading my post! ok, i got my qs 6.1 hooked up to my cpu via MIDI cables into my soundblaster LIVE platinum card........and i'm using Cakewalk to control/record the sound. but i don't know how to set it up with my QS to record. do i need an IDF ? and can i have access to all the sounds of the qs for MIDI work? thanks everyone, have a great day
justin

Once you have your midi cables plugged in you need to tell cakewalk what you have connected to your midi ports. That is easily done with the Instrument Definition File (IDF). It will have the default patches in banks 1-4 but not the user bank shows up as a general midi bank, but the sounds are whatever you have in your user bank. They also have IDFs for the Q-Cards as well. Once you have that in place you should be all set. Just make sure you let the windows mixer know that you will be using the midi input to record when recording midi data and to switch it to line input if you want to record audio. Let me know if you need more help...

Vice

ok............where do i get these wonderful toys?

hey thanks for the help, thats awesome of you!now where can i get these IDFs? thanks again!
justin

Back