Putting together my first Midi system HELP PLZ!

Swords

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the music scene after a 10 year absence way before all the computer music stuff was going strong like it is. Now that I'm going to be doing music again I decided after reading the current magazines that I want to set up a PC system dedicated to music instead of just the classic one off synethesizer.

Here's the PC systems I'm looking at:

Velocity Micro Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor RAM: 2 gb / HD 350 gb
HP AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4600 Processor RAM: 2 gb / HD 500 gb
HP AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core E6300 RAM 1 gb / HD: 350 gb

All the above read/write CD-R/DVDs I will be maxing out the ram to 4 GB on whichever system I get what I want to know is what does the differece between the 4000 models and the E6000 models? WHat do those numbers mean, they's all 2.4 Ghz processing.

Also, many times I see pictures of peoples PC studio setup and hey have two screens what is that for and how does that work?

On the system I want to use Sonar 6 Producer edition (I think that's the one that can do synching up with videos too) on the system for recording. I also want to use it for various software synths like Absynth 4, Atmopshere filter plug ins and the massive orchestral sets.

I am looking at the M-Audio 61 Key Axiom controller keyboard as my new board, of the Midi boards at the store this one seemed to have the most features and seemed to get a good review in Keyboard mag. Anyone here have it? Do you like it?

I saw a bunch of audio card/interfaces at the store, They all appear to be by M-audio. I will only be doing the synth, vocals, maybe some accoustic sampling and guitar playing.

Anyone know if my KORG D3200 digital studio can be used as a midi interface?

Thanks for any tips on the above selections you guys can give to a reborn keyboardist I'd be much appreciative! :)

Back