Purpose.

I recorded this with pt8 and an mbox mini. Drums were through a mixer into the mbox.

Nice tune MaVN. I like the stereo spread on rhythm guitar and the boost when the electric comes in, it's an interesting melody and the change ups work really well.

In terms of critique, the snare sounds a bit flat and I can't hear much kick (apologies if it's just because of the PC speakers at work that I'm listening on). Also, the organ sound that comes in around 80% of the way through sounds indecisive to me - as though you weren't sure whether to bring it to the fore or leave in the background, and so it ends up as neither. It's only in the song for a short amount of time before kind of dropping out as if it were an afterthought. I like the sound you've got from it, but I reckon it just needs a little more thought about how to use it. Minor quibbles though.

FWIW - I could hear the kick OK.

When the crunchy guitars come in they completely dominate everything else. They're kind of cloudy sounding - not a lot of high-mid definition or sizzle.

The doubled clean guitars weren't all that tight. But that might be what you wanted.

I think doubled vocals would work well for this kind of song. Caught some pitchiness in them.

Back