Purchasing New Set- Please Help!

Enrique

I have narrowed down my options. My new kit will either be a Sonor Force 3003 or a Mapex Pro M. I have heard both and they sound awesome, especially now that Mapex M series are all maple. My only question would be that which kit would I get more for my money's worth? They both are the same price ($899). Can anyone offer their input on either/both drum kits? Any help would be appreciated.

The Sonar may hold it's resale value a little better than the Mapex - Mapex still does not get a "brand name reputation" - which I think is too bad because Mapex makes a decent product.

I am not a fan of Sonar hardware, but the 3003 can be very nice sounding drums.

It the interest of full disclosure - I own a Mapex all Maple Pro M Limited (from when they first came out with the all Maple shell a few years back) which has cheaper tuning lugs than they now use - but it is a very nice sounding kit.

You will likely be happy with either kit - trust yours ears and follow your heart.

I agree that if you plan to upgrade in the next couple years the Sonor will offer higher resale value. They seem to be very similar in construction and you probably can't go wrong with either. The Mapex hardware does seem to be more innovative, you many want to check out the differences there.

Back