Purchased ADL600.

Just for comparison.

It would be about $26 at redco for some nice canare cable and nice connectors for 2 6ft xlr-trs cables.

And it would be cheeper if you built them yourself, it's not that hard.

I was not clear in how I stated that, the 166 is not two channels of 160X, but sure does seem like I said that. I meant that for the $150 if you needed two channels you'd get the 166, or spend more and get two 160X's. My post was not worded well at all--sorry about that.

But for what it's worth, I really like my vintage 166 and I think you got a good buy. Maybe it's not quite a 160X/XT, but it's not that far off either. I sometimes choose it over my 903 modules, which are the equivalent of 160XT's. Stick with it for a while and get used to it. I think you'll like it a lot better than the Behringer you've been using.

You got a great deal on your 166 too, I often see those going more in the $125-150 range. If it is in good shape you might even make money on it if you sell it!

I've bought and sold a lot of compressors, often just to see what they sound like. If you get a good deal on eBay you can check the gear out and probably get your money back if you decide to sell it. It's a nice way to try out gear, if you don't mind putting a little time into the bidding and then reselling process.

Juggernaut -- Yea, as I stated above, I actually have about 100ft of mogami cable. I spent several days 1 month ago making a new mogami snake and several XlR cables. And not long before that, I completely wired my studio since I just built it this summer.

So, needless to say, I was not at all bummed out about spending 2 mins at the guitar center counter and buying two monster cables which would have cost me $65 for only $45, rather than getting all my tools out and playing fuck-fuck with my solder gun. Not the deal of the century, especially considering I had the wherewithal both in materials and capacity to do it myself for free. I'm just over making cables for a couple of months. =)

Sonic -- My friend just dropped off his 266xl. I'll demo it against that just for shits and giggles... I"m gonna look for the 166 on ebay; hopefully I find a decent one. Not sure I'll buy right now though...

Back