Punch Recording Clicks

etnoziroh

I'm using HS2004XL and noticed that whenever I do an audio punch-in recording on an audio track segment, there is a noticable click at the punch-in and punch-out points. I don't make any changes in any settings. I'm using a P4 2.8 1gig Ram with an audiophile 2496 and a V-amp.

Anyone using Sonor having this problem or is it a HS glitch?

I tried the cakewalk forums and found an unanswered question just like mine, so I'm trying here :)

A click means that the cut may not be perfect (the positive and negative phase of the 2 overlapping clips are not aligned) To correct this, zoom extremely close at the point of the overlapping clips, make them overlap just a bit and do a crossfade (fade out - fade in).

That should do it!

You might also try placing your punch-in and punch-out points in silent passages in the track. In other words, if it's a vocal track, try punching in the entire phrase, rather than just one word.

This might not always be possible, but will be very helpful for this problem if you can.

You must also "cut" the audio at the zero point crossing,which is the point where the waveform crosses the center line.

I only use Punch in's only for guitars always at the end/beginning of measures. I noticed the zero point crossing deal when zooming in real close. The fade in/out helped a lot.

Back