Punch-in via footswitch

Bongoloid

I have a Tascam DP-02 which has a jack for a punch-in footswitch. The manual doesn't say anything about what it does and no one in the Tascam forum seems to know or their just not saying.

What is the purpose of the footswitch? Does it only activate the punch-in button on the recorder? Does it control play and record as well? Does it do anything useful?

it appears with the dp-02 that the only function of the "punch in" footswitch input is to punch in and out. nothing more. check page 25 in your manual.

Thinks for the reply.

The manual a was pretty brief on this subject. I think I was looking for clarification on it's function when I posted about this in the Tascam users forum several days ago. It's still a little unclear to me.

So, does the footswitch allow me to punch in and out as the song plays back, I would set my pre-roll time, press play and then stomp the switch when I get close to the point where I want to punch in?

Yep. Just don't forget to punch out or the track will be left in record and you'll erase everything from the punch in forward.

It's just a little added feature so as you can work with your hands on the mix and do the punching with your foot.

:cool:

Last edited:
Back