punch in question

kunalkho

Hi ima rapper, using pro tools. I do not have a producer or enginner with me in my home studio, and i dont wanna do all my verses one take. I cant figue how topunch in to where like lets say i fuck up halfway in my verse, i wanna make it play mybe like 30 seconds before, and right att he fuck up spot, i have set pro tools to start recording at that spot all by itself withot me pressin record rght at that time it just starts recording on its own, but of course i set the parameters.
I hope u get what i mean, and well how do i do this? its possible right??? im sure it has to cuz not all ppl have a engineer or producer sittin wid em.

hey man you are gonna want "quickpunch" on for this i think its 6 on the number pad for a short cut or you can change it up in the menus somewhere.

set your selector to where you want to punch then on your transport at the bottom it will say pre-roll and post-roll, set the pre-roll to how ever long you want same with the post.

then hit record and get your place and recording will start at where you placed your selector.

hope this is what you needed

Back