Punch in / Out Points in Live

Heymate

Sorry for this newbie question but I was wondering how the experts here set their punch in / out points. I am recording a violin piece and need to isolate a tiny 1/16 note to correct. In the past with my Fostex it had a jog wheel and that seemed pretty easy to work with.The default punch in / out points in Live are in One Bar increments. I am probably missing something but I would appreciate any help :(

Hi, so it looks like you're right and the smallest you can have the brace for punch in/out is a quarter note. I've never tried punching in/out for a quarter note!

You can crop a clip in session view to 1/16th notes so you could do that and paste it over where you want.

You can also adjust the size of an audio track in arrangement view to as small as you want. So instead of using the braces you can delete or copy/paste a small portion of the audio track.

When you say you are trying to correct the note, what exactly do you mean? If you want to put a different piece of audio there, you could copy the sixteenth note you do want in another clip and paste it over the one you don't. Not sure if I explained that well, but maybe if you say what you are trying to fix that would help.

Punch In..more info.........

Thanks so much for reading this, I want to play along with the track, punch in and out a small amount. I have searched the Manual and Internet but I can find no answer to this frustration I have...grr! I need to punch in / out a small amount, maybe one quarter note. The smallest I can get the brace is 2 bars. PLEASE help. I have turned off the grid and that has allowed me to locate an accurate punch in point anyway!! I am new to Live but not to recording and I have never had an issue with punching in and out. This is driving me nuts…Thanks for guidance. I am in arrangement view and have attached an image with an arrow indicating (roughly) my desired punch out spot….Punch in out Brace.png

Back